Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Day 1

So we're finally here. Spent several hours at the airport today waiting on FSUIP to pick us up, but Lauren and I got to meet Gracie and Zac, so we know people here now. Officially moved in to my dorm- it's great though b/c it's way more apartment than dorm, so much more room than last year. Our "program assistants" are taking us out to dinner in a bit. I'm technically in the Eastern Time Zone, but because they don't need DST, I'm sort of running on central time, at least until the states switch over. Right now we're getting acquainted with the house before dinner. It's Lauren, some girl, and I, each with our own room. Shared common room, kitchen, and bathroom. Haven't met the other girl yet. Tomorrow's orientation, so I'll have a thousand pictures by then, and a much better idea of what's going on.

Anyway, the whole point of this blog is for me to collect my thoughts on everything that's happening over here, and so that you all know I haven't been eaten by an anaconda, or married off to a local. Plenty of pictures to come :)

No comments:

Post a Comment