Monday, October 4, 2010

Cantame

We went to the bilingual school today to help the kids again. The older kids I'm usually with were taking a test, so I jumped down to the younger kids, who speak less English than I do Spanish. But these kids tienen 2-4 anos, entonce they speak baby Spanish. I still didn't understand everything but it felt a lot better, especially because they didn't care that I couldn't always say what I wanted to or that I said it incorrectly. I need people to correct me so that I will learn, but sometimes I need the unconditional acceptance only a two year old can give.

Oh hey reality check, haven't seen you in a while.

Dear Carolyn, quit complaining and appreciate the little things. Sincerely, stop overthinking everything.

"Cantame"- sing to me. I love the simplicity. I hope she gets everything she wants out of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment